The shift that I will comment on is this:
- Teaching in isolation NEEDS to shift to collaborating with colleagues
Happy New Year!!!
We are now well into the 21st century in case you were not aware...because of this, here are some resources of which you should be aware:
- A Framework for 21st Century Skills
- Technological, Pedagogical, and Content Knowledge (and the intersection thereof)
- Learning Forward (formerly the National Staff Development Council)
- Professional Learning Communities
There have been many discussions about education in the ivory tower and staying isolated from the real world. Connected educators can bring that real world directly into their schools and classrooms in order to make the learning that occurs more meaningful for the participants of that learning. I feel like I am repeating myself from --> this blog post
Let's make 2013 be the year of learning together!
Leave your Twitter handle in comments, I would love to connect with you and learn together! And, other readers can connect with you to increase their learning potential!