Thursday, January 22, 2009

Biggest Loser's Club

We have some great people at my school. They have taken it upon themselves to motivate others to work out and be healthier. They have created the Biggest Loser's club at Rich East. Here is the deal...

$10 entry fee. Everybody weighs in with the school nurse (who is the only one who will know people's weight for those of us who are shy) every Thursday. Today was the official weigh in.

If you lose weight for the week, you pay nothing else.
If you maintain your weight, you pay 50 cents.
If you gain weight, you have to pay $1 per pound.

As the saying goes, I am in for a penny and in for a pound (or at least losing pounds)

My wife approved (yes, that is what I said and meant) for me to get a Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit. I have been on and working towards my goals that I have set.

Is it a problem that the Wii Fit sighs and says "Oh!" when I step on the balance board?

This club is going to be supportive and even though there can only be 2 winners (60% goes to 1st place and 40% goes to 2nd), even if people lose...they will win.

Here begins the journey.

1 comment:

Spero said...

The Palos Bank Half Marathon's training starts on Febuary 14th 7:00 AM. Would that give you an unfair advantage?